This page is updated regularly with information about Springfit activities during the Coronavirus period.
Please check back here for the latest news.
THE LATEST NEWS (Last updated 2nd June 2021):
We are delighted to announce that classes, including adult classes, have resumed at all our venues except Forge Wood. We have emailed all members with reopening information and places are being offered to previously cancelled members as availability allows. The Forge Wood Club Manager, Katie, is keeping in touch with those members.
On behalf of everyone at Springfit, we are excited to see all our wonderful members back in classes and thank you for your patience and support during this difficult start to the year.
Covid-safe measures will be in place when we go back to our venues. Please check the information below for procedures at your Club.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Current venue status:
Oakwood Sports Centre
Classes returned from 14th April 2021
Copthorne Parish Hub
Classes returned from 12th April 2021
St Margaret's School
Classes returned from 13th April 2021
Classes returned from 16th April 2021
Classes returned from 16th April 2021
St Bede's School
Classes returned from 2nd June 2021
(gymnasium only, not sports hall)
Classes returned from 13th April 2021
Forge Wood School
Classes returning from 22nd September 2021
You’re In Safe Hands
Our Clubs have all been made Covid-safe for our members, parents and coaches by following Government guidelines including:
- Adapting our operations to keep members safe
- Where possible, one-way traffic in and out of classes will be applied. Please look out for signage.
- Classes will finish five minutes early to allow for enhanced cleaning procedures and avoid congestion during class changeover times.
- Parents should remain outside the halls unless accompanying a pre-schooler or spotting around trampolines with younger children.
- Cleaning equipment regularly
- Coaches will be cleaning equipment before and after every class.
- Applying additional hygiene procedures
- Hand sanitiser stations are available for our members to use when they arrive and after drinks or toilet breaks.
- Planning our sessions to allow for safe distancing
- Class sizes reduced to allow safe distancing where possible.
- Markers will be on the floor to show the direction of queues, spaced safely apart.
- Classes will finish five minutes early to ease congestion and allow for cleaning.
- Constantly monitoring and reviewing our safety measures
- We have updated our Club Policies, Procedures and Risk Assessments. Please visit springfit.org/policies to familiarise yourself with these.
- Posters are displayed to inform all members of our procedures.
- Upskilling coaches on our new ways of working
- Our coaches are brilliant at building a wide range of safe progressions towards moves and will focus on perfecting existing techniques. This reduces the amount of support, and therefore contact needed plus increases safety levels of participants as they understand the skills more.
Please remember, if you believe you have symptoms, do NOT attend classes, self-isolate and seek testing at a local medical facility.
Please make sure email@example.com is in your address book to ensure you are receiving email from our team about your Springfit Club. You can access information directly through our website and social media channels for updates too!
Venue Specific Covid-Safe Procedures For Members:
A reminder to follow the simple advice below:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the crook of your elbow if you cough or sneeze, or use a tissue and dispose of it into a bin.
- Anyone suffering from symptoms of a new continuous cough and/or a temperature of over 37.8° should get tested and stay at home for 14 days. People should also stay at home if they are living with someone who has symptoms.
We are grateful for the patience and understanding of everyone during this difficult period in time for all of us and would like to thank you for the overwhelming support and kind comments we have received.
Like so many other companies, we rely on continued membership as the only way to retain staff to communicate with members and support our wonderful coaches. We are also very understanding of those who are affected financially and ask you to get in touch with our team if you need to discuss anything.
We have kept our team active in the community and remain fully committed to the important role we know our service provides in promoting healthy lifestyles, catering for the physical and mental wellbeing of everyone. Our SPRINGFIT ONLINE platform remains available to keep you connected and feeling positive if anyone is isolating.
On 4th January we emailed all members about options available to them with regard to subscription payments (details below). Please get in touch if you did not receive this and do make sure firstname.lastname@example.org is in your address book to avoid emails going into junk or spam folders.
During closure periods, we offered THREE OPTIONS for members to choose from, to suit your circumstances:
What options were offered to members?
For families who remain fully subscribed members whilst classes are temporarily suspended:
- You will have access to the new Springfit Online Members Group with the ability to upload videos of skills being performed for individual feedback by our Coaches.
- Your place will be held in your class*.
- Any classes you miss will be available to make up and can be taken at any venue class or activity camp, valid for an extended period.+
Reduced online-only membership:
- We can adjust your subscriptions to £10 per month from your next payment.
- You will have access to the new Springfit Online Members Group to work on activities from home, have the ability to upload videos to be assessed by our Coaches.
- Your place will be held in your class for when we return*.
- A place on our waiting list to invite you to return when we return*
- A reduced initial payment when you re-join.
Please get in touch to let us know which option you would like us to arrange for you.
* Due to reduced class capacities, we prioritise return dates for those still on waiting lists from 2020 before any cancellations from 2021.
+ Catch-up classes will need to be booked through Head Office, and are subject to availability and being of the appropriate level for the member. Credits can be used up until 1st January 2022 and can be donated to a friend. Please see springfit.org/catch-up-class-credits for more information.
Posters and guides are available for all members!
Questions and Answers
Lockdown Period Options
What’s the online-only membership?
We are able to reduce subscriptions to £10 per month which provide access to the new Springfit Online platform with live sessions, video activities and interactive feedback from coaches during this period. This will hold the place in class and we will also ensure any pre-paid classes are available to be made up when we return so you do not miss out on the money you have paid. Please get in touch to let us know if you would like us to swap you to this membership plan.
Can I freeze or suspend my membership/subscriptions?
Unfortunately, our payment service does not allow this possibility. For that reason, we offer 3 options. You can either choose to support the club by maintaining your subscription and receive all the benefits detailed above including online classes and catch-up sessions, you can change to online-only membership for a reduced fee of £10 per month, or you can choose to cancel and leave the Club (see above for full details).
Should I keep paying my subscription if I can?
If you are in a position to be able to continue your subscription as normal you will be directly helping the Club survive any closure periods. We will be hugely thankful as many of our overheads still need to be paid with no support received. Please get in touch to let us know if this is the option you are able to choose from the above information. We will note you on our “superstars” list!
What if I want to cancel?
We completely understand and support those families who cannot continue to pay subscriptions or take up the online-only membership, due to redundancies etc. You can complete our cancellation form and we will stop payments immediately. We will put you on our priority list to rejoin the club when you are back in the financial position to join us again.
What happens to the classes I have booked using my Catch-Up Class Credits?
Any classes booked will still be available after the lockdown is lifted and classes begin again. The classes have been paused on the system, so they won’t start counting down again until we resume!
Re-opening Safety Measures
Additional measures may be introduced at certain venues on a trial basis at various times as we aim to have as many procedures in place as possible to improve safety.
Do we need to wear face coverings?
Some venues require face coverings to be worn by people age 11+ in communal areas of buildings. The Government do not recommend the use of face masks/coverings during sports activities. All forms of face coverings may restrict breathing efficiency and should not be used during exercise except on specific advice from a physician.
Parents are welcome to wear face coverings at their discretion.
Our coaches also plan to follow the guidelines and not wear face coverings. They WILL wear face masks and gloves if administering first aid.
Will you be administering temperature checks?
We aim to keep the flow of class traffic moving as swiftly as possible to avoid congestion, and will only use temperature checks during drop-off if it is safe to do so, with parental supervision.
The equipment is not proven as reliable and high temperatures are not always a symptom of carriers of the virus. The guidance suggests using distancing and hygiene measures to control the virus and does not mention temperature checks.
Can I still watch my child’s class?
While we always aim to have an ‘open gym’ policy, we must ask parents to remain outside the gym where possible to keep the number of people on-site as low as possible. Exceptions to this are for ONE ADULT to help with “spotting” for younger children around trampolines or for ONE ADULT to accompany pre-school ‘Funfit’ class members.
Re-opening Booking Procedures
How will we know when my class is starting again?
We will release details on this very page when we are able to return. Please check back here regularly.
Will I get my missed classes back?
YES, for all classes that were cancelled due to the coronavirus that forced the venues to be closed, we will ensure you can make up these when we return.
What is a ‘Make-Up Class’?
A make-up class is a session which is offered in ADDITION to your usual class. This is a great way to get everybody back enjoying the benefits of our activities, and offers a chance to do extra sessions, perhaps in a new discipline! It is available to those who have been able to support the Club by maintaining subscriptions.
When / How do I book my Make-Up Classes?
You will need to contact the office to book make-up classes. Please see springfit.org/classes for a full list of sessions available. Do get in touch for advice on suitability and levels of availability which can change on a daily basis.
We will be very liberal with our make-up classes and you will be able to choose your preferred days, times and clubs, so long as there is space available. Gymnasts can even try trampolining as part of this arrangement, and vice versa. A great way to try something slightly different!
We paid for my child’s badge and certificate to be presented in class, what happens to this?
We will print your child’s award and present them when we return back to classes.
What happens to my ‘Star Membership’ status?
All members who have upgraded to our Star Membership level will have their renewal dates automatically extended by any period of closure.
When will I have access to the new Springfit Online service?
The group is now available for members to join! For details and the link to join please click here. Further content is added every single day and we upload a weekly schedule of content so you can see what’s coming up. The platform will continue to evolve with your input and feedback, so please get involved!.
Why has my Springfit Online join request not been approved?
Springfit Online is a private members-only community group which requires you to answer two simple questions in order for us to check your membership. We are approving join requests from members on a daily basis. If you haven’t been granted access yet, it may be because you haven’t answered the questions, or because you have cancelled your subscription. Please contact us if you would like us to look into this for you.