This page details the extra measures in place at our Jubilee Centre venue in East Grinstead during the Covid-19 period.
Please read the details below on changes that are in place from 23rd July 2020 until further notice to reduce the risk of transmission and enable us to maintain a safe environment.
- All class bookings must be made with a minimum of 24 hours notice. This is to ensure the Head Coaches registers are accurate and we can track who is in classes accurately.
- Places are allocated to enrolled members and those with online-only subscriptions in the first instance. All cancelled members will be invited back when capacity allows as a priority above new enquiries.
- New members are invited to book in when capacity allows.
- All members must agree to the updated policies before attending classes.
- All sessions will finish five minutes early to avoid congestion around class changeover time and allow coaches time to clean equipment.
- Coaches will focus on building fitness, consolidating basic skills and working on activities to aid the reintroduction to the activities.
- Gymnasts will be kept part by 1m+ or 2 metres where possible. Floor markers will be used around trampolines and on gymnastics floors to help with spotting and queuing for equipment, as well as during warm-ups and conditioning routines.
- We are operating with reduced class capacities to allow for safe distancing. This will be reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments may be made depending on the age, ability or behaviour of members, as well as any updates to guidance from the Government.
- Only ONE ADULT is able to accompany children to classes. Where possible, adults should leave the premises after dropping children off to a coach. One adult can accompany pre-school children in Funfit classes, or help with spotting younger children around trampolines who may need help getting on/off the apparatus.
- If you arrive early, please wait away from the building until it is time for your class to start. The Jubilee Centre does not allow anyone to wait in the foyer area at this time and would like to avoid parents congregating outside the main doors. If it is raining, please enter the hall and wait along the outside edges until classes are dismissed and follow the one-way route indicated on the map below.
- A one-way traffic system within the centre is in operation. Enter via the appropriately labelled main front door and enter the hall to drop children off to coaches. Please then proceed to the door to the side of the hall and exit via the other main entrance door.
- Place belongings against the wall, away from others.
- Please maintain safe distancing at all times.
- Please arrive five minutes before the usual finishing time of classes to collect children from classes. This will help avoid congestion around class pick-up/drop-off times.
- Only ONE ADULT should collect children from classes please.
- You can collect children from within the hall. Please stand around the outside of the hall, safely distanced, and exit via the door to the side of the hall to maintain the one-way flow of traffic. Please arrive on time for the finish of the class and do not congregate in the foyer area.
- Coaches will supervise members leaving one at a time.
- As usual, any child under 16 who is permitted to leave the building unaccompanied must submit this in writing to Head Office at email@example.com.
- Please maintain safe distancing at all times.
- Hand sanitiser is available for all visitors at the entrance and exits. Please use hand sanitiser when entering or exit the facilities.
- If you are unable to use hand sanitiser, please wash your hands with soap in the toilets for at least 20 seconds.
- Hand sanitiser must be used after any toilet trips or drinks breaks.
- A “Catch it, bin it, kill it” policy is in place for any coughs or sneezes. Tissues must be disposed of securely in the bin bags provided.
- All equipment will be cleaned at the end of every session, including trampoline frame pads, push-in mats and gymnastics apparatus.
- Some equipment may not be used initially, and this will be reviewed in line with evolving Government guidance.
- Please come to class in suitable attire, as per usual policy. Changing rooms may not be open or available.
- Please wear a face covering in all communal areas of the building (ie corridors) if you are over the age of 11.
- The guidance advises face masks are NOT worn by gymnasts or coaches. All other adults are encouraged to wear face coverings indoors (ie if they are staying to help with spotting for trampolining or accompanying pre-school aged children). Coaches will wear face masks and gloves when administering first aid.
- As usual, gymnasts need to come to sessions with their hair already tied up and without jewellery. Earrings that can’t be removed need to be taped before sessions. Coaches won’t be able to do this for them. Similarly, please wear appropriate shoes as coaches cannot assist young children putting them on or taking them off.
- We recommend washing clothes whenever you return home after attending settings outside your home.
- To start with, sessions will cover general physical preparation, fitness, and revision of basics so coaches won’t need to support skills. When gymnasts are ready to learn new skills, we will use learning aids wherever possible.
- Some skills can only be taught with manual support. Children will progress with other skills until we’re advised that we can use manual supports.
- As before, children under 16 years old will be taken to the toilet by an assistant who will wait in the corridor and ensure children wash their hands for 20 seconds when they come out. Older children will be reminded to wash their hands for 20 seconds before they go. All children must wash their hands for 20 seconds after using the toilet facilities.
If you/your child have Coronavirus symptoms or come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for Coronavirus please contact Head Office as soon as possible so that we can notify others. Please follow Government advice and isolate yourself for 14 days or longer if your symptoms persist, and do not come to the Club.
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to refund you for missed sessions as we have fixed running costs, but will offer ‘catch up classes’ to anyone who cannot attend due to the virus. This will also be the case if any classes have to be cancelled.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to us by calling 0203 478 0203 or email your Club Manager.