This page details the extra measures in place at our Oxted School venue during the Covid-19 period.
Please read the details below on changes that are in place from 25th September 2020 until further notice to reduce the risk of transmission and enable us to maintain a safe environment.
- All class bookings must be made with a minimum of 24 hours notice. This is to ensure the Head Coaches registers are accurate and we can track who is in classes.
- Places are allocated to enrolled members and those with online-only subscriptions in the first instance. All cancelled members will be invited back when capacity allows as a priority above new enquiries.
- New members are invited to book in when capacity allows.
- All members must agree to the updated policies before attending classes.
- All sessions will finish five minutes early to avoid congestion around class changeover time and allow coaches time to clean equipment.
- Coaches will focus on building fitness, consolidating basic skills and working on activities to aid the reintroduction to the activities.
- Gymnasts will be kept part by 1m+ or 2 metres where possible. Floor markers will be used around trampolines and on gymnastics floors to help with spotting and queuing for equipment, as well as during warm-ups and conditioning routines.
- We are operating with reduced class capacities to allow for safe distancing. This will be reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments may be made depending on the age, ability or behaviour of members, as well as any updates to guidance from the Government.
- Only ONE ADULT is able to accompany children to classes. Adults should leave the premises after they have dropped off their child for the class.
- If you arrive early, please wait outside until it is time for your class to start, there will be markers on the floor to help everyone keep at a safe distance.
- Please enter via the gymnasium door, as usual, to drop children off to coaches. Please keep a safe distance outside, or around the side of the gymnasium indoors if it’s raining.
- A coach will be on the door to let the children in.
- Place belongings against the wall, away from others.
- Maintain safe distancing at all times.
- Please arrive five minutes before the usual finishing time of classes to collect children from classes. This will help avoid congestion around class pick-up/drop-off times.
- Coaches will supervise members leaving one at a time from the usual entrance/exit doors.
- Maintain safe distancing at all times.
- All equipment will be cleaned at the end of every session.
- Some equipment may not be used initially, and this will be reviewed in line with evolving Government guidance.
- Please come to class in suitable attire, as per usual policy. Changing rooms may not be open or available.
- The guidance advises face masks are not worn by gymnasts. All other adults entering the building are encouraged to wear a face covering. Some of our Coaches may be wearing masks and all Coaches will wear face masks and gloves if administering first aid.
- As usual, gymnasts need to come to sessions with their hair already tied up and without jewellery. Earrings that can’t be removed need to be taped before sessions. Coaches won’t be able to do this for them. Similarly, please wear appropriate shoes as coaches cannot assist young children putting them on or taking them off.
- We recommend washing clothes whenever you return home after attending settings outside your home.
- To start with, sessions will cover general physical preparation, fitness, and revision of basics so coaches won’t need to support skills. When gymnasts are ready to learn new skills, we will use learning aids wherever possible.
- Some skills can only be taught with manual support. Children will progress with other skills until we’re advised that we can use manual supports.
- As before, children under 16 years old will be taken to the toilet by an assistant who will wait in the hallway and ensure children wash their hands for 20 seconds when they come out. Older children will be reminded to wash their hands for 20 seconds before they go. All children must wash their hands for 20 seconds after using the toilet facilities.
If you/your child have Coronavirus symptoms or come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for Coronavirus please contact Head Office as soon as possible so that we can notify others. Please follow Government advice and isolate yourself for 14 days or longer if your symptoms persist, and do not come to the Club.
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to refund you for missed sessions as we have fixed running costs, but will offer ‘catch up classes’ to anyone who cannot attend due to the virus. This will also be the case if any classes have to be cancelled.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to us by calling 01883 725120 or email your Club Manager