This page is updated regularly with information about Springfit activities during the Coronavirus period.
Please check back here for the latest news.
CLASSES ARE RETURNING!
Great news! Recent Government guidance confirmed we can re-open from the beginning of the summer holidays – Thursday 23rd July 2020.
Club Managers have contacted venues and updated members and those who cancelled with information about when they are able to accommodate us.
Current status updates:
St Margaret's School
Confirmed restart date: 23rd July 2020.
Email sent to members 10th July
Confirmed restart date: 28th August.
Emails sent to members 16th July & 20th August
Oakwood Sports Centre
Confirmed restart date: 23rd July 2020.
Email sent to members 10th July
Copthorne Parish Hub
Confirmed restart date: 3rd August 2020.
Email sent to members 23rd July
St Bede's School
Classes temporarily suspended
Expected to return 26th October (TBC)
(please check back here)
Forge Wood School
Confirmed restart date: 30th September 2020.
Email sent to members 22nd September
Confirmed restart date: 23rd July 2020
Email sent to members 14th July
Awaiting confirmation of 25th September restart date
(check back here)
The Restart Plan
We are working hard to ensure our Clubs are safe for our members, parents and coaches by following Government guidelines including:
- Adapting our operations to keep members safe
- Where possible, one-way traffic in and out of classes will be applied. Please look out for signage.
- Classes will finish five minutes early to allow for enhanced cleaning procedures and avoid congestion during class changeover times.
- Parents should remain outside the halls unless accompanying a pre-schooler or spotting around trampolines with younger children.
- Cleaning equipment regularly
- Coaches will be cleaning equipment before and after every class.
- Applying additional hygiene procedures
- Hand sanitiser stations are available for our members to use when they arrive and after drinks or toilet breaks.
- Planning our sessions to allow for safe distancing
- Class sizes reduced to allow safe distancing where possible.
- Markers will be on the floor to show the direction of queues, spaced safely apart.
- Classes will finish five minutes early to ease congestion and allow for cleaning.
- Constantly monitoring and reviewing our safety measures
- We have updated our Club Policies, Procedures and Risk Assessments. Please visit springfit.org/policies to familiarise yourself with these.
- Posters are displayed to inform all members of our procedures.
- Upskilling coaches on our new ways of working
- Our coaches are brilliant at building a wide range of safe progressions towards moves and will focus on perfecting existing techniques. This reduces the amount of support, and therefore contact needed plus increases safety levels of participants as they understand the skills more.
Please remember, if you believe you have symptoms, self-isolate and seek testing at a local medical facility.
We are contacting members directly as venues reopen to let them know their class is about to begin. Keep an eye out for your email soon… and on our website and social media channels for updates!
See you soon!
Venue Specific Covid-19 Information For Members:
Posters and guides are available for all members!
Our Head Office team are all working from home, monitoring emails and telephone calls. You can still reach us during office hours, and if you need to leave a message someone will get back to you as soon as possible. We also have a live chat feature on our website, and the quickest way to get news is via our social media channels, so please ‘like’ our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
A reminder to follow the simple advice below:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the crook of your elbow if you cough or sneeze, or use a tissue and dipose of it into a bin.
- Anyone suffering from symptoms of a new continuous cough and/or a temperature of over 37.8° should stay at home for 14 days. People should also stay at home if they are living with someone who has symptoms.
We are grateful for the patience and understanding of everyone during this difficult time and would like to thank you for the overwhelming support and kind comments we have received while we strive to ensure the Club can come back stronger than ever.
Like so many other companies, we rely on continued membership as the only way we afford to continue providing staff to communicate with members and retain our wonderful coaches. We are also very understanding of those who are affected financially and ask you to get in touch with our team if you need to discuss anything.
We have kept our team active in the community and remain fully committed to the important role we know our service provides in promoting healthy lifestyles, catering for the physical and mental wellbeing of everyone, especially at this time. This is why our SPRINGFIT ONLINE platform is available to keep you connected and feeling positive.
We have been providing live sessions, interactive resources and support for members to continue building on progress from home each day. Strength & conditioning exercises, balance and coordination activities, splits, bridge and flexibility training, and much more content is being released every single day.
Club Managers will be in contact via email with details about when classes can resume once we have confirmation from each venue. Head Office will provide information on how ALL missed classes can be made up.
At the start of lockdown, we offered THREE OPTIONS for members to choose from, to suit your circumstances:
What options are offered to members?
For families who remain members whilst classes are temporarily suspended:
- You will have access to the new Springfit Online Members Group with the ability to upload videos of skills being performed for individual feedback by our Coaches.
- Any badges that are awarded will also be available for free until 1st October.
- Your place will be held in your class*.
- Any classes you miss will be available to make up and can be taken at any venue class or activity camp, valid for an extended period.+
Reduced online-only membership:
- We can adjust your subscriptions to £10 per month from your next payment.
- You will have access to the new Springfit Online Members Group to work on activities from home, have the ability to upload videos to be assessed by our Coaches.
- Your place will be held in your class for when we return*.
- A priority place on our waiting list to invite you to return when we return*
- A reduced initial payment when you re-join.
Please get in touch to let us know which option you would like us to arrange for you.
* When Clubs are able to resume, we will be operating a phased return with reduced capacity where necessary and members will be contacted when their classes start up again.
+ Catch-up classes will need to be booked through Head Office, and are subject to availability and being of the appropriate level for the member. Credits can be used up until 1st September 2021 and can bedonated to a friend. Please see springfit.org/catch-up-class-credits for more information.
Questions and Answers
Current Safety Measures
Additional measures may be introduced at certain venues on a trial basis at various times as we aim to have as many procedures in place as possible to improve safety.
Do we need to wear face coverings?
No, you do not. The Government do not recommend the use of face masks/coverings during sports activities. All forms of face coverings may restrict breathing efficiency and should not be used during exercise except on specific advice from a physician.
Parents are welcome to wear face coverings at their discretion when dropping off and collecting members.
Our coaches also plan to follow the guidelines and not wear face coverings. They WILL wear face masks and gloves if administering first aid.
Will you be administering temperature checks?
We aim to keep the flow of class traffic moving as swiftly as possible to avoid congestion, so do not plan to use temperature checks. The equipment is not proven as reliable and high temperatures are not always a symptom of carriers of the virus.
The guidance suggests using distancing and hygiene measures to control the virus and does not mention temperature checks.
Can I still watch my child’s class?
While we always aim to have an ‘open gym’ policy and will continue to leave doors and windows open, we must as parents to remain outside the gym where possible to keep the number of people on-site as low as possible. Exceptions to this are for ONE ADULT to help with “spotting” for younger children around trampolines or for ONE ADULT to accompany pre-school ‘Funfit’ class members.
Lockdown Period Options
What’s the online-only membership?
We are able to reduce subscriptions to £10 per month which provide access to the new Springfit Online platform with live sessions, video activities and interactive feedback from coaches during this period. This will hold the place in class and we will also ensure any pre-paid classes are available to be made up when we return so you do not miss out on the money you have paid. Please get in touch to let us know if you would like us to swap you to this membership plan.
Can I freeze or suspend my membership/subscriptions?
Unfortunately, our payment service does not allow this possibility. For that reason, we offer 3 options. You can either choose to support the club by maintaining your subscription and receive all the benefits detailed above including online classes and catch-up sessions, you can change to online-only membership for a reduced fee of £10 per month, or you can choose to cancel and leave the Club (see above for full details).
Should I keep paying my subscription if I can?
If you are in a position to be able to continue your subscription as normal you will be directly helping the Club survive this period. We will be hugely thankful and express our gratitude in the ways described above and in any other way we can when we return. Please get in touch to let us know if this is the option you are able to choose from the above information. We will note you on our “superstars” list!
What if I want to cancel?
We completely understand and support those families who cannot continue to pay subscriptions or take up the online-only membership, due to redundancies etc. You can complete our cancellation form and we will stop payments immediately. We will put you on our priority list to rejoin the club when you are back in the financial position to join us again.
When We Return
How will we know when my class is starting again?
We will release details on this very page about the schedule of classes we are due to start back up again when we get information from the Government that we are able to return. Please check back here regularly.
Will I get my missed classes back?
YES, for all classes that were cancelled due to the coronavirus that forced the venues to be closed, we will ensure you can attend these when we return.
What is a ‘Make-Up Class’?
A make-up class is a session which is offered in ADDITION to your usual class, when we return. We feel this is a great way to get everybody back enjoying the benefits of our activities when we return, and our way of saying thank you to those who have been able to support the Club during this difficult period by maintaining subscriptions at some level.
When / How do I book my Make-Up Classes?
You will need to contact the office to book make-up classes when we return. We will be publishing our schedule of classes as they are re-introduced and can advise on availability on a week-by-week basis. As soon as we have an indication of venues opening back up, we will send out full details.
What days, times or clubs can I attend my Make-Up classes?
We will be very liberal with our make-up classes and you will be able to choose your preferred days, times and clubs, so long as there is space available. Gymnasts can even try trampolining as part of this arrangement, and vice versa. A great way to try something slightly different!
We paid for my child’s badge and certificate to be presented at class, what happens to this?
We will print your child’s award and present them when we return back to classes.
What happens to my ‘Star Membership’ status?
All members who have upgraded to our Star Membership level will have their renewal dates automatically extended by four months.
When will I have access to the new Springfit Online service?
The group is now available for members to join! For details and the link to join please click here. Further content is added every single day and we upload a weekly schedule of content so you can see what’s coming up. The platform will continue to evolve with your input and feedback, so please get involved!.
Why has my Springfit Online join request not been approved?
Springfit Online is a private members-only community group which requires you to answer two simple questions in order for us to check your membership. We are approving join requests from members on a daily basis. If you haven’t been granted access yet, it may be because you haven’t answered the questions, or because you have cancelled your subscription. Please contact us if you would like us to look into this for you.