Recommended by Active Surrey and Sussex, several of our top coaches at Springfit provide consultancy work for schools, sports and leisure centres and other organisations to help staff build upon their knowledge in gymnastics and trampolining.
Teaching gymnastics as part of the curriculum can seem daunting if you are not familiar with the sport. By helping build confidence in supporting gymnastics moves and making the most of all equipment available, we allow teachers to keep every student active and organise classes in a safe and effective way.
Many schools are using the Sports Premium funding to help develop the experience and technical knowledge of staff . By spending the money on training your existing members staff, rather than bringing in outside providers, you will build a longer term solution. Springfit have a wealth of experience teaching in various schools already. We know first hand how beneficial gymnastics can be and how to implement simple strategies into school life to support and enhance all areas of learning for children.
Our level 3 British-Gymnastics qualified staff are available for all types of staff training. We can provide CPD sessions to up-skill teachers in the activities covered under the National Curriculum, and have staff who are experts in the fields of freestyle gymnastics, pre-school activities and all levels of gymnastics and trampolining from keys stage 1 to college age. We can arrange any number of coaches to come and provide one-off INSET days for teachers, or run our popular six-week (or more) in-house training sessions, usually within PE lesson times.
Providing expertise in lesson planning, differentiation within classes and sustainability for future progress, our experienced staff can help plan tailor-made training programmes which involve the teachers and support staff in various aspects of the multiple-disciplines of gymnastics and/or trampolining.
We are also able to utilize the numerous resources and experience available to us in order to help improve the level of equipment in your learning environment, and offer advice on other useful training tools to purchase, including providing instruction on how to use them all. There is also some literature about gymnastics skills available for retention by staff to assist with the sustainability of the skills taught.
Working closely with schools and organisations to fulfil your specific requirements, we can create a bespoke programme to deliver quality instruction. Organisations are welcome to choose one or more aspects of our consultancy service as detailed below:
1. Initial consultation to assess your organisation’s needs and provide an introduction to services we offer.
2. Appointment of a suitable coach to deliver session(s) and skill sets to be taught. Providing details of their CRB/DBS certificate, qualifications, experience level and insurance. A list of skills options available is provided to choose from.
3. Assessment of equipment needs including an inventory of existing equipment, advice on additional resources you may require, and priced-up examples of varying levels of quality products for your consideration.
4. Provision of materials for retention by the school staff on gymnastics moves. Professionally drawn-up skills sheets detailing key coaching points and visual guides for reference purposes for your staff, and ongoing sustainability of gymnastics coaching.
5. Provision of coaching sessions. Including lesson plans on skill sets chosen by the school/organisation.
Sessions will include aspects such as:
*Introduction to the moves taught.
* Examples of warm up games
* Examples of progressive gymnastics moves and future devlopment
* Use of equipment
* Linking elements of movement and applying it to other areas of learning
* Group management
* Examples of cool downs
* Health and safety aspects to consider
* Inclusive practice
To book a free consultation with the club manager please contact us outlining your requirements, and someone will be in touch to arrange a meeting.
Please see below for examples of previous consultancy in local schools:
|“Our decision to use Springfit’s consultancy services could not have been a better one. From start to finish they listened carefully and worked with us to deliver a personalised CPD programme that has enhanced teachers subject knowledge and enriched the children’s learning. We found them approachable, trustworthy and highly skilled. We would not hesitate to use them again nor can recommend them highly enough. A huge thank you from all the staff and children at Southfield Park Primary school.”Adrian Vowles- PE co-ordinator.|
|Wray common school, Reigate|
|Halsford Park school, East Grinstead||Meadow Primary school|
|Earlswood primary school, Redhill|